Wednesday, October 22, 2008

24 hour news nausea

There must be a direct connection between stress and 24 hour news nausea.
We are in the middle of an election season, it's hard not to avoid hearing about it everywhere you go. I am usually turned off by politics, but the importance and the historic significance of this year's election has drawn me to follow every up to the minute news of what's going on with the candidate's schedules for the day, what they said or what they did not say.
But I've fallen to the trap. Sometimes I spend weeknights tuned to CNN and MSNBC for hours upon hours. But I also know how much stress watching the news can cause an individual. I know from personal experience the effects of having the news on 24/7 can do in to my psyche and overall mental health. Events of 9/11 is a perfect example of this when FOXNEWS and CNN played the same clip over, and over, and over, and over again. Over the years I became a lot less enthusiastic about tuning in to the news. Thanks to modern technology I have options to still stay current with what is going on in the world through the internet and print.

No comments: