Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fired up the OLD camera

I have an affinity for the old and archaic. Rotary phones, old typewriters, vhs players, and my old manual camera. I took my pentax k-1000 to a camera store over to downtown SF, I needed to get a battery and a battery compartment that was missing. Fortunately the store specializes with old vintage cameras as well. Luckily they were able to help me out. They also cleaned the lens that was full of dust. I also went ahead and bought a black and white film for the camera and I was ready to go out there and shoot. I've been wanting to get back into doing black and white photography. It's been so long. Unfortunately, many of the pictures I took in college have all been lost. But my dad managed to save a few of my portfolios, though the negatives have all been lost.
I went to the nihonmachi festival and took some photos during the festival performances. I'll be posting some pictures later. I'd like to get a digital camera one day, but I love manual cameras. I'll make the transition someday.

No comments: